Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Splinters: The Pain, The Passion, The Point


My first book, "Splinters: The Pain, The Passion, The Point" was published in March 2009. The book, as the cover relates (I hope!), is an anthology of stories from my life as a female woodworker.

I've recently been notified that the book will be featured in an upcoming release by Harper Collins called, "The New Big Book of Layouts" in May 2010. You can find out more about my book on my site at www.SplintersBook.com Please see my answers to your questions below:


Did you design the cover? The cover of my book was designed by my publishing company. However, I must admit that the publishing company that published my book is actually owned by my granddaughter. I must say that love for books runs in the family. I write them and she publishes and designs.

Did your publisher design the cover? Yes, though my granddaughter (owner of Paige1Publishing acts as Creative Director on most books, she personally designed my book cover.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? Yes, we had several extensive discussions about the book cover and the specific angle that I wanted to convey.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details. Just what I've already shared. The book has one an award for design and will be featured in an upcoming Design book by Harper Collins publishing called "The Big Book of Layout and Design" to be released in May of 2010.

Who is the cover artist? JP Jones

Are you happy with the cover? Yes. I love it and have received many compliments on it. I feel it definitely gets the reader's attention.

If not, what would you change and why?

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover. The way it conveys immediately that the book is based around "wood"—and the simplicity of that.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.

Please provide your website link. www.splintersbook.com

What is the link to buy your book? On my Web site.

No comments: