Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Voice of the Muse by Mark David Gerson


Did you design the cover?

No.

Did your publisher design the cover?

Yes and no. It's my publishing company that put out the book.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design?

Yes. I had considerable input

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details.

The interesting story is how I found the designer. I had done the same research for designers on this book as I had done for my earlier book, The MoonQuest, but without same unequivocal results. No portfolio I saw, online or off, seemed to capture the essence of this book. Finally, I contracted with a designer who came the closest, crossed my fingers and prayed. She sent three concepts, none of which fully satisfied me but one of which I felt I could work with. After some back-and-forth with her, it became clear that this wasn't going to work and she resigned. Suddenly, I had no designer. A few weeks earlier, however, while I was on Facebook offering feedback on the proposed cover of a friend's book, I came across Richard (see the next question). His was the comment immediately previous to mine. We became online friends and, when I suddenly needed a new designer, I asked him to send me his portfolio. I soon as I saw his work, I knew he was the one. And he sure didn't let me down.

Who is the cover artist?

A U.K. cover designer: Richard Crookes

Are you happy with the cover?

Absolutely delighted.

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.

Nothing specific. I just love the way he captured the essence of the material with his design.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.

Please provide your website link.


What is the link to buy your book?

No comments: