Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dead Sea Codex by Sarah Wisseman


Did you design the cover?
No

Did your publisher design the cover?
Yes. Actually, the son of the publisher, Dirk A. Wolf, designed the cover.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design?
Yes--I requested an image of the Dead Sea region, since that figures heavily in my story, plus a fragment of an ancient manuscript and the sort of pottery jar the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in (although my "codex" is actually the earliest book form rather than a scroll).

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details.
I spent my Junior Year in Israel in the early 1970s and spent a night illegally on the top of Masada, the famous site of the Jewish last stand against the Romans. This spectacular site is located in the same Dead Sea region as my story. The desert landscape made a deep impression on me.

Who is the cover artist?
Dirk A. Wolf. My bookcover is one of the last ones he designed before his untimely death in 2005.

Are you happy with the cover?
Yes.

If not, what would you change and why?

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.
The way the colors fade into the blues of the Dead Sea image.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.
This suspense novel is about two archaeologists who race to find a lost codex before Christian fanatics destroy it.

Please provide your website link.
www.sarahwisseman.com

What is the link to buy your book?

Sarah Wisseman
Archaeological mysteries: www.sarahwisseman.com

No comments: