Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring House by David Bowles

Title: Spring House, Book 1 in the Westward Sagas

Author: David Bowles

Web site: http://www.westwardsagas.com

We want you to share your book cover with us. An attractive cover is a big element in the appeal of your book.

We want the details about yours.

Did you design the cover? I had a specific idea of what I wanted on the cover and described what I wanted to the artist.

Did your publisher design the cover? The publisher hired an artist to create the original artwork and a cover designer to create the cover using the art.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? Yes, I described what I wanted and approved the final design.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details. I wanted a spring house on the cover since much of the important action in my novel takes place in the spring house. I described what I wanted to the artist, but at first she didn't understand that the spring house was a small crude structure in the side of a hill. What she drew looked like a house, not a rough shed built over a spring and used to store dairy products. We were on a tight deadline, and I almost panicked when I saw the art just a couple of days before the cover designer needed the artwork to finish the cover on time. Fortunately, the artist was able to change the drawing in a short time, and the end result is just what I envisioned.

Who is the cover artist? The artist is Kim Downing; the cover designer is Jonathan Gullery.

Are you happy with the cover? Yes, the finished picture looks just like the spring house in my story!

If not, what would you change and why? n/a

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover. It is perfect for the story--the title of the book is Spring House because several major scenes take place in the spring house.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.

Please provide your website link. http://www.westwardsagas.com

What is the link to buy your book? http://www.westwardsagas.com/order.html

No comments: