Sunday, April 27, 2008

Frankie: The Walk 'n Roll Day by Barbara Techel


Did you design the cover?
No, but I did have alot of say in what I was looking for and what I wanted.

Did your publisher design the cover?
No, I hired a local illustrator.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design?
Yes, I had quite a bit of say for my cover. It was very important to me that the image of Frankie capture her personality and spirit. The illustrator did that and then some I feel. I was so pleased.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details.
I think the cover speaks pretty much for itself.

Who is the cover artist?
Victoria Kay Lieffring

Are you happy with the cover?
Absolutely!! I was so excited when Victoria came over with the first draft. I was blown away at how great it looked! I was so happy.

If not, what would you change and why?
I would not change a thing. I initially took the first draft to a writing circle I belong to and they all felt the cover alone would sell the book.

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.
Well, without a doubt, the fact it is a dog and a dog on wheels. Who can resist that? I also love all the vivid colors and the paw prints on the ground. I also think Victoria did a phenomenal job with Frankie's expression. And I love how the cover background art wraps around to the back of the book.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.
I just feel incredibly blessed to have found an illustrator who captured Frankie in an animated sort of version as I had hoped for.... even better than I had hoped!

Please provide your website link.
www.joyfulpaws.com

What is the link to buy your book?

No comments: