Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"You Are More Than Enough: Every Woman's Guide to Purpose, Passion, and Power" by Judi Moreo

Judi Moreo shares some information about the cover of her book.

Did you design your book cover?

No. My publisher, Stephens Press, hired Sue Campbell (Colorado ) to design several different choices of covers, then the publisher and I chose the one that we used. We had a bit of a debate about putting my picture on the cover as I had heard at a writers conference that a picture of the author should only be on the front cover if the author is a celebrity. My publisher wanted it there and said to me, “By the time I get through, you will be a celebrity.” Now I’m glad it is on the cover because I carry a book with me everywhere I go and people say, “That’s you. Wow.
Did you write that book?” And it gives me an opportunity to tell them about the book. I get a lot of attention with it in lines waiting to get on airplanes and from the other people on the plane. As I travel a lot, this has turned out to be one of my best promotions. One man actually stood up on his seat in the back of the plane and held out the book and yelled out to his wife who was seated at the front of the plane, “Hey, honey. This woman wrote this book for women. It’s about purpose, passion, and power.” This of course, stimulated interest from every woman on the plane and one lady up front ended up reading out loud from the book to other passengers.

I love the cover. In the book, I tell a story about my Dad and his gold stars. The cover has a gold star behind my photo, and you can see just a bit of the gold star on the necklace I wear… and then it has other gold stars faintly in the design. The end pages are a splash of gold stars and the self ribbon bookmark has a tiny gold star charm attached. The book is so beautifully designed. I love it. There isn’t a thing I would change about the design.

http://www.judimoreo.com/
To buy the book: http://www.judimoreo.com/products/index.htm

No comments: