Sunday, August 19, 2007

Burning


My book is 'The Burning', a crime novel with Virtual Tales.

Did you design the cover? No, I don’t think stick figures would make an appealing cover for a crime novel.

Did your publisher design the cover? Yes. Virtual Tales has a number of artists who do a great job of cover design.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? Yes, the artist made the character fatter than I’d sketched him, so I sent off an email, sorted out the misunderstanding and my murder victim was trimmed down immediately – the Dorian Gray weight loss program, as Michael described it. I wish it could work that fast for me.Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details. Not really.

Who is the cover artist? Michael Leadingham

Are you happy with the cover? Yes.

If not, what would you change and why? I'd really like one of Michael's beautiful fantasy covers, but as I don't write fantasy I'll have to do without the unicorns and medieval maidens.Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover. I like the way it leads the reader to question what’s going on here? Why is this man in a fire? What is he holding in his hand?

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share. The fiery cover makes it very easy to recognize when trawling through on-line book stores!

Please provide your website link. www.freewebs.com/jackietritt


It's also available at Mobipocket, fictionwise etc

No comments: