Sunday, August 19, 2007

Of Water and Dragons - Kelly Heckart


Did you design the cover? No.

Did your publisher design the cover? No.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? Yes.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details.
This cover art image is of the heroine in the story--a half human, half faery woman. Some people think she is an angel because of the feathered wings. I base my faery characters on the Irish Tuatha de Danaan who were of normal height and may have had birdlike wings. I also believe that faeries and angels may not be so different. I love this image so much that I just had it tattooed on my lower back. I'm thinking I can write it off as advertising. Well, maybe that won't work, but it is a thought.

Who is the cover artist?

A wonderful lady named Ruth Bochte. I met her online through another author. I think we were fated to meet because she knew exactly what I wanted.

Are you happy with the cover? Very much so.

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.

I think the best part of this cover is all the detail in in her wings, fingers and toes.

Kelley Heckart
Author of "Of Water and Dragons

"an appealing amalgam of magic, erotica, military history, and romance that will leave readers breathless in its wake." Ellen Tanner Marsh, NYT best-selling author
http://http://www.kelleyheckart.com/

No comments: