Sunday, August 19, 2007

One Night in Boston


Did you design the cover? No.

Did your publisher design the cover? Yes. Samhain has several talented cover artists on board to work with their authors.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? Yes, a tremendous amount, and I was really pleased about that. My cover artist and I emailed ideas back and forth several times.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details. One Night in Boston is a contemporary romance novel that takes places over a single day and night, so the one thing I wanted on this cover, above all, was an overlay of a clock. The entire novel unfolds in twenty-four chapters, each one a single hour, and I wanted that feeling of time running out to appear on the cover. I did struggle with whether or not to include a picture of the heroine on the front as well. Ultimately, I decided not to, because I wanted the focus of the cover to reflect the urgency of the story, as well as the place, which is why we ended up going with a city skyline but no hero or heroine.

Who is the cover artist? Dawn Seewer, a terrifically talented artist who’s done a lot of covers for Samhain authors.

Are you happy with the cover? Very!

If not, what would you change and why? Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover. I think Dawn really captured the feeling of urgency that moves the story along. She also did a nice job showing the setting, the heart of downtown Boston at night, which is where and when all the crucial action takes place.

Please provide your website link. http://www.allieboniface.com/

No comments: