Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Robin Jay - Art of the Business Lunch


The cover I originally designed for my self-published edition was retained (at my request) by Career Press and was used at the start of each chapter inside the book. It is a pen across a plate, which I felt perfectly illustrated the essence of a business lunch. Career Press hired an artist who designed the fabulous cover based on Michelangelo’s “Creation of Man,” featuring God and Adam…a very famous masterpiece.

I was only slightly concerned over featuring wine glasses. I was afraid of alienating those business professionals who abstain from alcohol. But my publisher listened and then decided they liked it and would stick with it. I was glad they chose to do so. I recently found out I have a chapter that will be published in “Chicken Soup for the Wine Lover’s Soul,” due out in November. There could not be a greater tie-in for my book! It’s all coming together divinely.

I really love the cover; it’s rich and I love black backgrounds (like your blog!) I wouldn’t change a thing!

The best part is the quote from Brian Tracy; getting it meant the world to me and I’m so glad my publisher chose to feature it.

I think it’s enticing and effective. You are invited to visit my website at http://www.robinjay.com/ and you can buy my book there as well (or anywhere books are sold.) If you come to my website and buy a book, I will personally sign it for you. Just click: http://robinjay.com/business_sales_motivational_book.htm to order. I also have 6-CD and Mp3 Audio Books available.

No comments: