Sunday, July 13, 2008

Searching For A Starry Night


Did you design the cover?
I made suggestions which the publisher, Karen Syed, did take into consideration.

Did your publisher design the cover?

She and cover artist did.

Did you get to give any input about the cover design?
My initial view, I admit I was a little let down as the background was white. I love color! So I suggested some blue stars and adding that made the design "pop."

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details.
Petey the Dachshund is mischievous, yet his antics play a role in the search for the missing miniature replica of Van Gogh's Starry Night, the focus of the book. So I definitely wanted the dog on the cover. When I saw the photo, it looked like Petey and really made me laugh!

Who is the cover artist?
Nathalie Moore

Are you happy with the cover?
I LOVE it! It makes me and everyone else who sees it smile. A good thing!

If not, what would you change and why?
see above.

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.
The dog for sure.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.
That "missing" miniature painting on the cover is actually in my possession. See my blog Jan. 12, 2008 blog post at http://candidcanine.blogspot.com

Please provide your website link.

What is the link to buy your book?
http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Starry-Night-Christine-Verstraete/dp/1590805798

No comments: