Monday, October 15, 2007

Mike: The Circle of Friends, Book IV by L. Diane Wolfe


Mike: The Circle of Friends, Book IV by L. Diane Wolfe ISBN#1425991270

Did you design the cover? My husband is a computer graphic artist and he designed the cover.

Did your publisher design the cover? No!

Did you get to give any input about the cover design? I had an idea for the setting, which is on the Sandia Mountains outside of Albuquerque, NM. Other than that, I gave my husband free rein to do what he thought best. He had read MIKE and understood the passion & emotion behind the story, which greatly assisted in the cover design.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover design? If so, please share the details. I finally learned that I am a writer, not an artist. The best advice I can give to other authors is let the artist do his work! I discovered that the less input I had into my covers, the better they became, so I try not to interfere.

Who is the cover artist? My husband, Craig R. Wolfe

Are you happy with the cover? Extremely! We are both very pleased with the results.

If not, what would you change and why? No changes!

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover. The face in the clouds. On the other covers, the characters are featured more prominently, but with MIKE, you cannot see their faces. I feel that placing Mike’s face in the clouds really elevated this cover.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share. Each of my covers has portrayed a major emotional element of the story. LORI’s cover emphasized love & innocence; SARAH’s showed the playfulness of the characters; and JAMES the loneliness and angst of the story. MIKE’s character has hidden, inner turmoil as he struggles with forgiveness and his faith, and we hope this has come through in the cover art.

Please provide your website link. www.thecircleoffriends.net

What is the link to buy your book?

Barnes & Noble - http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781425991272&itm=1

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1425991270?tag=theciroffri-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=1425991270&adid=1T76Y08NJGBFMQBV7VEN&

No comments: