Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Vampire Shrink


My book: THE VAMPIRE SHRINK

Publisher: Medallion Press (www.medallionpress.com)

The cover was created by Medallion Press art director Adam Mock.

Medallion gives authors a lot of input about covers. They send out an extensive questionnaire, collecting details about the book and the author's preferences.

I originally had a different idea about my cover, and the art department sent me a rough draft of a cover based on their interpretation of my suggestions. That first cover didn't fit my story very well, and when I talked with the artists, I discovered they'd also created a second (very different) cover. The cover on my book is the second one they came up with and, while it wasn't anything I'd imagined, it is very distinctive and eye-catching.

People tell me that, no matter what their opinion of the cover, they simply have to pick up the postcard or cover flat and take a closer look. That's wonderful! I'm counting on that happening in bookstores, too!

I like the moody, edgy look of the male on the cover. The art department looked for a blond fellow (because my main male vampire character is blond), and the idea of a tattoo was brilliant.

Here's my website, with excerpts, etc.:
http://www.lyndahilburnauthor.com

Link to buy:
http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Shrink-Lynda-Hilburn/dp/1933836237/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6734267-4448027?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190042033&sr=1-1

Lynda Hilburn
http://paranormalityuniverse.blogspot.com

No comments: