Sunday, December 2, 2007

Finding Funboy by Matt Golec


Matt Golec -- “Finding Funboy”

Did you design the cover?
No, I’m not much of an artist. I have been known to
draw a mean stick figure, however.


Did your publisher design the cover?
Yes, thank goodness.


Did you get to give any input about the cover
design?

Rob Preece at BooksForABuck.com was great about asking
my opinion throughout the process.

Is there an interesting story behind the cover
design? If so, please share the details.

The cover is a collage of some of the novel’s landmarks, so the story behind the cover is the story
of “Finding Funboy” itself: a young journalist who starts out looking for an old friend finds more
trouble than he bargained for, as well as learning some uncomfortable truths about himself.

Who is the cover artist?
The talented Karen Leabo.

Are you happy with the cover?
I think it’s terrific. Great colors, intriguing images and everything just a bit askew to suggest turmoil.

If not, what would you change and why?
An earlier draft used a different font that didn’t seem to fit with the other elements. I suggested a
typewriter-style font, as the lead character is a journalist, and that seemed to work better.

Tell us what you think is the best part of the cover.

I was very impressed that the artist took the time to create a mock-up of the fictitious newspaper that my
main character writes for in the book.

Is there anything else about your cover that we need to know? Feel free to share.
To be honest, I never thought much about a cover when I was writing “Finding Funboy,” so I was very pleased
when I first saw the cover. I liked it from the earliest draft, and am glad there are talented people
out there who can translate words into images.

Please provide your website link.
www.mattgolec.com

What is the link to buy your book?

www.booksforabuck.com/mystery/mys_07/finding_funboy.html
or
www.amazon.com/Finding-Funboy-Matt-Golec/dp/1602150575/

###

No comments: