Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Inferno Collection





















The Inferno Collection, is a romantic suspense mystery novel published by Five Star/Gale in hardcover June 20, 2007.

I originally got the idea for the novel when I was working on my Masters Degree in Library Science. A Princeton librarian spoke to us about unique inferno collections. His lecture was so fascinating and vivid that I was inspired to do further research. I became convinced the concept of inferno collections would be an excellent frame for a mystery novel. Libraries such as Boston Public at one time found it necessary to maintain separate inferno collections of banned books considered inappropriate for general public display and reading. Often these were books deemed salacious such as James Joyce’s Ulysses.

When the artist for the cover art e-mailed me, she wasn't certain what to do. So we worked together. I suggested something sinister and gothic, appropriate for a murder mystery. She came up with the cover art you see. Since the novel is set at a university library with an academic librarian acting as amateur sleuth, I thought the image appropriate.

No comments: